Roles and responsibilities of the Measurement Core:
- Assist with identifying appropriate survey instruments, especially those for patients and clinicians.
- Assist with planning the logistics of survey data collection, including the mode and method of data capture (self or interviewer administered; by paper, tablet, or web; in clinic or at home), the frequency of assessments and reminders, informational handouts, and training of site staff and survey respondents.
- Provide input on draft qualitative interview discussion guides, and the plan for qualitative data analysis.
- Review and provide input on portions of protocol text, consent forms, and IRB applications regarding survey data collection or qualitative research, as appropriate.
- Assist with identifying the correct scoring algorithm for survey instruments and provide this to the Data & Statistics Core or to the Study Investigator’s statistician.
- Palliative Care Measurement Tool Library
- Systematic Reviews of Instruments Relevant to Palliative Care
- How to implement Patient Reported Outcomes (PROs) in your research studies
- Useful references and resources when designing studies and conducting research that includes PROs
- AHRQ Evidence Review: Assessment Tools for Palliative Care