Funding Opportunity: Support for Secondary Data Analysis From PCRC De-identified Data Repository
Applications due by March 1, 2021
Call for proposals for secondary analysis of data that currently exists in the PCRC De-identified Data Repository (DiDR). The PCRC will grant two $20,000 awards to conduct a secondary analysis of data in the DiDR. Applications are due March 1, 2021 by 11:59 PM Mountain Time. Descriptions of the study data and prior publications can be found here: https://palliativecareresearch.org/studies. Each study has a unique page. We encourage applicants to also perform a literature review to identify publications not listed on the website that used the data to ensure there is no overlap with your research question(s).
Competitive applications will include detailed, testable hypotheses that can be answered with a specific dataset or multiple datasets currently hosted by the PCRC DiDR. Applications will be reviewed by a committee consisting of PCRC investigators and biostatisticians.
Successful applications will be expected to meet the following criteria:
- Potential of the study to impact palliative care clinical practice and its evidence base
- Appropriateness and importance for conduct in the PCRC
- Likelihood for successful future extramural grant funding involving the PCRC
- Feasibility of completion by June 30, 2021
Funded awardees will be expected to submit a competing application for funding from a public or private source that is based on the secondary data analysis within a year of completion of the secondary analysis.
The awards may only be used to support Principal Investigator (PI) salary and benefits or research assistant, student, and/or statistician time (salary and benefits or hourly) and will be awarded at a maximum of $20,000 each (total costs, including direct and indirect costs).
Selected recipients will be notified by March 15, 2021.
Instructions for applicants:
- Please fill out the online form here.
- Include a 2-page summary of your research plan, aims, analysis plan, which data set(s) you propose to use, budget, timeline, and PI biosketch (which can be uploaded with the electronic form linked above in one single document).