There are two types of letters of support (LOS) from the PCRC
- Letters for PCRC Members; and
- Support letters for planned collaborators.
PCRC Members may seek an LOS to support a promotion, K-award or other similar requests (Type 1). If you have had a project reviewed by the Scientific Review Committee (SRC) or if your project has been reviewed by the SRC with resources identified and a budget, you may request a LOS (Type 2).
LOS Standard Language
To demonstrate mutual collaboration to work together, all Letters of Support include language for which collaborators agree to adhere:
- To follow PCRC standards and processes in their project including use of Measurement Instruments and Standardized Data Elements, Data Sharing Agreements, and Financial Management Processes;
- To provide de-identified study data and related study materials (e.g., data dictionary, case report forms) for inclusion into one or both of our Data Repositories (quantitative and qualitative, respectively), within one year of study ending or two months after publication has been accepted;
- That all Letters of Intent and project summaries/protocols will be reviewed by the PCRC Scientific Review Committee to ensure highest methodological standards;
- That all publications will adhere to the PCRC Authorship Guidelines to ensure consistent approaches to assigning authorship including acknowledgment of PCRC support in all publications and presentations; and
- To adhere to PCRC Conflict of Interest practices, in the interest of ensuring transparent and trustworthy research.