There are two types of letters of support (LOS) from the PCRC
- Letters for PCRC Members; and
- Support letters for planned collaborators.
PCRC Members may seek an LOS to support a promotion, K-award or other similar requests. If you have had a project reviewed by the Scientific Review Committee (SRC) or if your project has been reviewed by the SRC with resources identified and a budget, you may request a LOS.
LOS Standard Language
To demonstrate mutual collaboration to work together, all Letters of Support include language for which collaborators agree to adhere:
- To follow PCRC standards and processes in their project including use of Measurement Instruments and Standardized Data Elements, Data Sharing Agreements, and Financial Management Processes;
- To provide de-identified study data and related study materials (e.g., data dictionary, case report forms) for inclusion into the PCRC Data Repository, within one year of study ending or two months after publication has been accepted;
- That all Letters of Intent and project summaries/protocols will be reviewed by the PCRC Scientific Review Committee to ensure highest methodological standards;
- That all publications will adhere to the PCRC Authorship Guidelines to ensure consistent approaches to assigning authorship including acknowledgment of PCRC support in all publications and presentations; and
- To adhere to PCRC Conflict of Interest practices, in the interest of ensuring transparent and trustworthy research.
LOS for Grant Collaboration
- PCRC LOS will be a key element in any grant application to demonstrate collaboration
- Please allow 3 weeks to process
- In order to establish/validate the strength of the partnership/collaboration, provide the following details:
- PA number (funding announcement number)
- NIH institute to which you are submitting (if applicable) or other funding agency (e.g., AHRQ, PCORI, RWJF)
- Program Officer(s) with whom the Study PI has corresponded during grant submission phase (if no correspondence, then the assigned PO(s) from the Funding Announcement)
- Grant application title
- Brief synopsis (two or three sentences) of your study (alternatively, you may send your specific aims)
- Study PI Biosketch
- Any involvement Study PI has had with the PCRC (e.g., committee involvement, participation as a study site, pilot awardee etc.)
- List of the PCRC Cores and Centers that the Study PI has or is planning to communicate with during the pre-award phase and/or is included in the grant’s budget for consulting work during post-award.
- Due date for which the Study PI needs the PCRC letter of support (LOS).
Other Requests / Non-Collaborating
- Please send request and information to the PCRC general email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Allow 2 weeks for processing.
- Your biosketch (or half page summary of you, your research & experience), your role in the project
- Information: addressee, date needed, etc.
- Paragraph highlighting your collaborative strengths between you/your research and the PCRC