Betty Ferrell, PhD, MA, FAAN, FPCN and Elaine Wittenberg, PhD
Roles and Responsibilities of the Caregiver Core:
- Discuss opportunities to include caregivers in palliative care studies involving patients.
- Explore areas of science needed to advance understanding of caregiving in palliative care.
- Assist investigators in the selection of conceptual models, study designs, outcome variables and measurement tools for use in caregiver research.
- Discuss opportunities for inclusion of qualitative data in caregiver research.
- Caring for Caregivers and Patients: Revisiting the Research and Clinical Priorities for Informal Cancer Caregiving Cancer. 2016 Mar 17. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26991807
- Patient-reported outcome measures for cancer caregivers: a systematic review -12 February 2016, Quality of Life Research
- International Palliative Care Family-Carer Research Collaboration
- Selected Caregiver Assessment Measures: A Resource Inventory for Practitioners
- Additional Family Caregiver Tools
- PO1 Family Caregivers of Patients with Lung Cancer
- Models of Caregiving References
- Methodological Considerations for Caregiver Research References