Contact Betty Ferrell for a core consultation.
Roles and Responsibilities of the Caregiver Core:
- Discuss opportunities to include caregivers in palliative care studies involving patients.
- Explore areas of science needed to advance understanding of caregiving in palliative care.
- Assist investigators in the selection of conceptual models, study designs, outcome variables and measurement tools for use in caregiver research.
- Discuss opportunities for inclusion of qualitative data in caregiver research.
Caregiver Core Resources
- Caring for Caregivers and Patients: Revisiting the Research and Clinical Priorities for Informal Cancer Caregiving Cancer. 2016 Mar 17.
- Family caregiving for persons with heart failure at the intersection of heart failure and palliative care: A state-of-the-science review - 2017, Heart Failure Review
- Patient-reported outcome measures for cancer caregivers: a systematic review - 2016, Quality of Life Research
- A Review of Family Caregiving Intervention Trials in Oncology - This article contains a review of literature published from 2010 to 2016 on family caregiving in oncology.
- Selected Caregiver Assessment Measures: A Resource Inventory for Practitioners
- Family Caregiver Instruments and Assessment Tools
- Additional instrument resources can be accessed on the PCRC Measurement Core page by clicking here.
Caregiving Research Resources: