PCRC Special Interest Groups
The Investigator Development Center offers Special Interest Groups (SIGs) to link PCRC investigators who are interested in collaborating around palliative care research topics. The goal is to connect researchers with similar interests to create communities for collaborating and networking, problem-solving, and sharing resources.
Please reach out to the following SIG Leaders for more information regarding their SIGs’ future plans!
- Heart Failure – Laura Gelfman (email@example.com), Marie Bakitas (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Renal Disease – Fahad Saeed (email@example.com)
- Early Career Investigators – Komal Murali (firstname.lastname@example.org), Shaowei Wan (email@example.com)
- Health Technology for Palliative Care (Digital Health) – Karla Washington (firstname.lastname@example.org), Jennifer Portz (Jennifer.email@example.com)
- Chronic Pain & Serious Illness (Opioid) – Jessica Merlin (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- New home will be in the CHAllenges in Managing and Preventing Pain (CHAMPP) clinical research center at the University of Pittsburgh, called the Pain and opioid serious illness expertise (POSITIVE) research collaborative.
- Anyone who was previously part of the PCRC SIG can sign up to be on the CHAMPP’s mailing list, by emailing email@example.com
- Health Equity and Anti-Racism (HEAR) – Katherine Doyon (KATHERINE.DOYON@CUANSCHUTZ.EDU), Tamryn Gray (Tamryn_Gray@DFCI.HARVARD.EDU)
- Spirituality and Religion – Alexia Torke (firstname.lastname@example.org), George Fitchett (email@example.com)
- Liver Disease – Arpan Patel (ArpanPatel@mednet.ucla.edu), Anne Walling (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Implementation Science – Devon Check (email@example.com), Cara McDermott (firstname.lastname@example.org)