Building Skills to Conduct Embedded Pragmatic Clinical Trials (ePCTs) among People Living with Dementia (PLWD) and their Care Partners
Wednesday January 25th, 2023 11am-3:30pm ET
Thursday January 26th, 2023 11am-5pm ET
Application deadline: October 21, 2022
This 1.5-day virtual workshop features all new material to build a foundation in practical aspects of designing and conducting ePCTs in Alzheimer’s disease (AD) and AD-related dementias (ADRD). The workshop will include a combination of activities including: panel discussions, small group sessions, and networking opportunities with experts in the field.
Early to mid-stage researchers wanting to develop competence in designing and conducting ePCTs of non-pharmacological interventions embedded in health care systems for PLWD and care partners are encouraged to apply.
Upon completion of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Transmit knowledge about designing and conducting ePCTs among PLWD and care partners in health care systems that integrates considerations related to identifying PLWD and ascertaining pragmatic outcomes
- Problem-solve common challenges in designing and conducting ePCTs for PLWD and care partners
Apply the acquired knowledge to move their current and future research in ePCTs forward, including applying for competitive funding.
- Applicants should have an MD, PhD, or equivalent research degree
- Hold a full-time position at an academic or research organization in the United States
- Early-stage investigators pursuing careers conducting ePCTs in AD/ADRD
- Mid-career investigators seeking to pursue research on ePCTs in AD/ADRD
Individuals from underrepresented racial and ethnic groups as well as individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Questions? Contact Elaine Bergman, IMPACT Communications Lead at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information and to apply now, visit HERE